Healthcare Scholarship: New Careers in Nursing (NCIN)
As a nursing student, you may be searching for grants and scholarships, so you can buy your books and materials. A college education is expensive. You may not want to rely on student loans, which limits you to applying for scholarships and grants. The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation promotes nursing education with its New Careers in Nursing program that may be suited to your needs.
Through NCIN and the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN), the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation provides grants to schools of nursing. One purpose of these scholarship grants is to relieve the shortage of nurses. One of the NCIN requirements: Eligible candidates should be enrolled in either an accelerated baccalaureate or a master’s nursing program. Once a school of nursing has shown that it qualifies for these grants, it awards individual scholarships to qualifying nursing students. The RWJ Foundation requires nursing schools to show proof that having the grant will help it grow enrollment of new students into their accelerated nursing programs.
The RWJ Foundation is assisted in choosing scholarship program recipients by two nursing groups. Once funds have been awarded to individual schools of nursing, the National Advisory Committee and the National Program Office track each participating school’s ability to recruit new nursing students from underrepresented groups. The RWJ Foundation requires that individual awards should go to disadvantaged students. Those nursing schools that show sufficient progress in recruiting students from underrepresented groups are eligible for additional funding in the second and third years.
To qualify for this scholarship program, you must meet each of these requirements:
•Be a non-nursing college graduate enrolled in an accelerated nursing program or a master’s nursing program.
•You must be a member of an underrepresented group in nursing.
•Or, you must come from a disadvantaged background.
Deadline for Scholarship
Scholarship application deadlines are established when the RWJ Foundation and NCIN program initiate a live call for scholarship applications. Once a live call has been begun, you can find the current deadline on the “Apply” page of the RWJF/NCIN website page.
Each school of nursing that applies for the RWJF/NCIN scholarship grants is eligible to request between five and thirty scholarships for their nursing programs. Each scholarship is for $10,000 and intended for you to use for academic fees, living expenses and your tuition.
Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Public Health (Bridge)
- And more...
Specialized, industry-current degree programs in Health Administration Services, Healthcare Management and Nursing.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education.
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
- RN to BSN (licensed RNs only)
- RN to MSN in Clinical Nurse Educator
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- And more...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Pursue your education at Ohio Christian University.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Leave that dead-end job behind with training from Everest College.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant