Healthcare Scholarship: Nurse of Tomorrow
As you progress through your nursing classes, you may already have learned that money is in short supply for students. Tuition and books are expensive. Commuting to school, required fees, and your room and board only add to your annual educational commitment. Different foundations understand this. Medical Solutions LLC works to provide some money every academic year to deserving nursing students who meet the eligibility requirements.
The Nurses of Tomorrow scholarship was designed to provide you and other nursing students with the financial support you need. It is a one-time-only award. If you receive this scholarship, you should understand that it does not come with any promise of a renewal for a future scholarship. The intent of this scholarship is to help you, as a future nurse, develop, not only your nursing knowledge, but your skills. In addition, the scholarship is meant to develop your leadership abilities and increase the supply of educated, qualified nurses and reverse nursing’s current shortage.
Requirements of Scholarship
You’ll have to meet some requirements to be considered for this scholarship. Eligibility requirements include:
•Full-time enrollment and a GPA of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
•Good academic standing.
•Attending an accredited technical school, college, community or junior college.
•Ability to demonstrate involvement in community service over the past four years, if you are chosen for this scholarship.
•Ability to provide a copy of an acceptance letter from your college or university, if you win a scholarship.
•You must be either a U.S. citizen or a legal resident with an Alien Registration number.
•You must be enrolled in a pre-nursing (associate degree), nursing, baccalaureate, generic doctorate, diploma or generic master’s program. This scholarship is not intended for graduate students unless they are earning their first nursing degrees.
•Write an essay of 250 words on a question regarding nursing and nursing care.
Deadline dates for the 2015 academic year have not yet been announced. If you are interested in applying for this scholarship, you’ll have to return to the Medical Solutions Scholarship website.
Amount of Scholarship
Three $1,000 scholarships are awarded to three applicants. A judge’s panel composed of employees of Medical Solutions and current Travel Nurses employed by the company will choose the winners. Checks will be made out to the winners’ schools of choice and mailed to the schools.
If you win a scholarship, you will have to mail official high school or college transcripts to Medical Solutions LLC.
Break into the STEM Fields with a Degree from Ashford University
- Associate of Arts - Early Childhood.
- BA/Early Childhood Education Administration
- BA/Education Studies
- And more...
Get Matched to Online Programs In A Few Clicks!
Push Your Creativity To The Next Level
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Information Technology Bachelors- Online
- Entertainment Business, Master of Science (Online)
- And more...
Study for your graduate education with University of Illinois at Chicago.
- Master of Science in Health Informatics
Ohio University has offered distance learning educational opportunities for more than 100 years.
- Master of Business Analytics
- Master of Health Administration
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- International Business - D.B.A.
- Leadership in Higher Education - EdS
- MS Organizational Leadership - Nonprofit Management
- And more...
Online Learning at Concordia University–Portland
- M.Ed. In Curriculum and Instruction - Trauma and Resilience in Educational Settings
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: The Inclusive Classroom
- Higher Education (EDD)
- And more...