Healthcare Scholarship: Nurse of Tomorrow
As you progress through your nursing classes, you may already have learned that money is in short supply for students. Tuition and books are expensive. Commuting to school, required fees, and your room and board only add to your annual educational commitment. Different foundations understand this. Medical Solutions LLC works to provide some money every academic year to deserving nursing students who meet the eligibility requirements.
The Nurses of Tomorrow scholarship was designed to provide you and other nursing students with the financial support you need. It is a one-time-only award. If you receive this scholarship, you should understand that it does not come with any promise of a renewal for a future scholarship. The intent of this scholarship is to help you, as a future nurse, develop, not only your nursing knowledge, but your skills. In addition, the scholarship is meant to develop your leadership abilities and increase the supply of educated, qualified nurses and reverse nursing’s current shortage.
Requirements of Scholarship
You’ll have to meet some requirements to be considered for this scholarship. Eligibility requirements include:
•Full-time enrollment and a GPA of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
•Good academic standing.
•Attending an accredited technical school, college, community or junior college.
•Ability to demonstrate involvement in community service over the past four years, if you are chosen for this scholarship.
•Ability to provide a copy of an acceptance letter from your college or university, if you win a scholarship.
•You must be either a U.S. citizen or a legal resident with an Alien Registration number.
•You must be enrolled in a pre-nursing (associate degree), nursing, baccalaureate, generic doctorate, diploma or generic master’s program. This scholarship is not intended for graduate students unless they are earning their first nursing degrees.
•Write an essay of 250 words on a question regarding nursing and nursing care.
Deadline dates for the 2015 academic year have not yet been announced. If you are interested in applying for this scholarship, you’ll have to return to the Medical Solutions Scholarship website.
Amount of Scholarship
Three $1,000 scholarships are awarded to three applicants. A judge’s panel composed of employees of Medical Solutions and current Travel Nurses employed by the company will choose the winners. Checks will be made out to the winners’ schools of choice and mailed to the schools.
If you win a scholarship, you will have to mail official high school or college transcripts to Medical Solutions LLC.
Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Public Health (Bridge)
- And more...
Specialized, industry-current degree programs in Health Administration Services, Healthcare Management and Nursing.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education.
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
- RN to BSN (licensed RNs only)
- RN to MSN in Clinical Nurse Educator
- And more...
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Pursue your education at Ohio Christian University.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- And more...
Leave that dead-end job behind with training from Everest College.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant