Healthcare Scholarship: Tylenol Future Care Scholarship
The Tylenol Future Care Scholarship, sponsored by the makers of Tylenol, is a well-established merit scholarship fund offering over $250,000 in awards annually. The scholarship has been in existence for over 20 years and has awarded almost $10 million in scholarship monies. Over those 20+ years, recipients of this scholarship have gone on to have an undeniable affect on the healthcare industry and their individual fields of study.
There are typically 40 undergraduate or graduate winners pursuing careers in the healthcare industry, 10 scholarships worth $10,000 and 30 scholarships worth $5,000. In addition to these Future Care Scholarships Tylenol also awards 150 smaller scholarships of $1,000 each to students who exhibit excellence in community involvement in their local communities. The awards are based on academic excellence, community involvement, and leadership qualities.
Beginning with the 2014 awards, McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division of McNeil-PPC, Inc., the makers of Tylenol, and Rite Aid have partnered to offer the opportunity at an additional $500 gift card to offset the costs of textbooks for the coming semester.
Eligibility requirements include:
- Must have completed at least one year of undergraduate studies at an accredited two or four year post secondary university or vocational school by the end of the Spring 2015 semester
- Must have at least one year of school remaining
- Must be pursuing a career in the healthcare industry including, but not limited to, careers in:
- public health
- laboratory sciences
- healthcare management
- hospital administration
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident
- Employees/employee family members of McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division of McNeil-PPC, Inc., ISTIS, Inc., and their affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies are NOT eligible
Recipients are selected based on a specific set of criteria:
- Leadership qualities
- Community involvement/volunteer service
- College GPA
- Academic records in chosen field of study
- Content of the essay included in the applications
2014 recipients have already been chosen. 2015 application process will begin in Spring of 2015 (May) and will be awarded in August 2015.
- $10,000 – 10 recipients
- $5,000 – 30 recipients